As genetics is entering our daily lives at an ever increasing pace, more and more people are interested to learn about genetics. pgEd is creating a range of online resources for people to explore personal genetics. What are the potential benefits of these new genetic technologies? And what are some of the questions and concerns? How will these new advances in genetics affect my life? And that of my family, community, and society at large?
Explore our online resources to learn more about how genetics is getting personal.
We have created various ‘topics in personal genetics’ pages:
- What is Personal Genetics?
- What is Consumer Genetics?
- What is Personalized Medicine?
- Genetics and Reproduction.
- Genetic Modification, Genome Editing, and CRISPR.
- How do personal genetics and athletics intersect?
- Genetics, law enforcement and crime.
- What is genetic discrimination?
- What is eugenics?
- Beyond your DNA.
- What is personal genome sequencing?